Working at Dept. of Physics, IIT Roorkee since 3rd January 2011
Also, associated with Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation and Management (CoEDMM), IIT Roorkee since 2014
* Growth and characterization of scintillators for different applications
* Development of GEANT4 codes for understanding response of radiation detectors Nuclear Astrophysics
* Studies on intrinsic resolution of scintillators
* Radiation induced effects in materials
* Environmental radioactivity
* Teaching methodology
Post Doctoral Fellow at Institute of Nuclear Physics, Krakow, Poland (worked with Prof. Adam Maj) (Oct 2009 – July 2010):
- Detailed GEANT4 simulations of PARIS (Photon Array for studies with Radioactive Ion and Stable beams) array which will be one of the new important detectors for the pan-European facility SPIRAL2, to be located in France.
- Participation in experiments at Heavy Ion Laboratory, Warsaw, Poland
- Participated in first AGATA experiment at Legnaro National Laboratory, Italy
- Post Doctoral Fellow at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India (worked with Prof. Indranil Mazumdar) (May 2007 – Oct 2009):
- Responseofnew4 sum-spinspectrometerconsistingof32conicalNaI(Tl)detectors, 14 NaI(Tl) detectors packed in castle geometry, 7 NaI(Tl) detectors in honeycomb configuration: Experimental measurements and GEANT4 simulations.
- True coincidence summing correction for large arrays of NaI(Tl) detectors and for a LaBr3(Ce) detector: Experimental measurements and GEANT4 simulations.
- Experimental studies on a LaBr3(Ce)-NaI(Tl) phoswich detector for X-ray and low energy -ray astronomy.
- Participated in two experiments1. Study of giant dipole resonance decay from hot rotating 192Pt.2. High spin structure of nuclei with A ~ 130.
- Augmentation of plastic scintillator for cosmic ray shielding using optical fiber.
- ParticipatedinextensivetestingofNaI(Tl)detectorsofdifferentsizes,differentshapesand related electronics.