Improve your marketing strategy with visual content.
Visual content is not only extremely fun to work with, gets your information across to your viewer more effectively, and is much more engaging than plain text, visual content is also a necessity in our society today.
For any business wishing to improve their marketing efforts, the first step is to create a marketing strategy that encompasses all the necessary aspects to ensure it is successful. One of those aspects is visual content. Visual content is so important for a successful marketing strategy nowadays because visual content is much more powerful than written content. When your company takes the time to produce videos and add images to your articles, you create a much more meaningful impact on your viewers.
So, what is visual marketing? Well, visual marketing is understanding the relationship between an image and the context it’s placed in. With visual marketing, you’re relating to your customer on a deeper level and engaging with them in a way they can relate to. The importance of visual content has become so great in our society because, as many experts point out, the attention span of our society is decreasing. This is because thanks to the internet, our society is used to receiving what they want when they want it. Adding visual content to your marketing efforts will allow your viewers, especially younger ones, to be more willing to listen, or see, what you tell them.
Visual Content Marketing Statistics
- Visual content in articles has increased by more than 130% in the last few years.
- 5% of marketers agree that original graphics perform best.
- More than 60% of marketers agree that using visual content is a necessary aspect of their marketing strategy.
- Most marketers can agree that they see the increased value visual content has in marketing.
- More than 40% of marketers state that visual assets are their most important form of content.
- 46% of marketers agree that photos are crucial to their marketing and storytelling strategies.
- More than half of young customers use visual social media apps like Instagram and Snapchat.
- Tweets with images receive more than 150% more retweets than tweets without images.
- Almost half of viewers understand and respond to visual data compared to plain text.
Having a visual content marketing strategy not only makes your content easier for your viewer to understand and digest but it also makes your content much more likely to be shared and go viral, attracting thousands of more views.
Visual content isn’t just necessary for your social media marketing, it’s necessary for all your marketing efforts. Whether you’re posting a blog to your website, sending text messages to your target audience or even producing a radio ad, adding visual content will help your marketing efforts go that extra mile to attract and engage more customers. Visual content isn’t just limited to photos or infographics, you can also create an image with your words, like in a radio ad.
Types of Visual Content
There are many types of visual content available for you to use to enhance any marketing materials you release on your company’s behalf. Some effective visual content you can use to improve your marketing efforts that have a high chance of going viral include:
- Original Images or Photos
- Call-to-Actions (like when YouTube channels ask viewers to subscribe with a pop-up)
- Quote Images
- Data Visualizations
- Question-Answer Visuals
- Visual Puzzles
- Comic Strips
- GIFs & Progress GIFs
- Interactive Images
There are tons of ways you can improve your marketing strategy with visual content. In addition to the types of visual content listed above, try being innovative with your visual content by adding moving parts to your infographics, creating meta images that explain how your company created a project or even use the negative space in an image to create another image. The possibility visual content provides marketers is endless, especially if you have a wild imagination.